Associate of Applied Science - 61 credits
Academic Advisor: Nicki Flannery
University Transfer Center - Second Floor
Phone: 715-365-4493 or 800-544-3039, ext. 4493
Administrative professionals are key members of a business team performing a variety of activities related to the operations of the business. They utilize their advanced computer, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills to create, integrate, and maintain business information.
Financial Aid Eligible
This program is eligible for financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further details.
About the Program
The program helps students acquire advanced computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, desktop publishing and web development, along with a practical command of written/oral communications and business procedures. The second year of the program allows more flexibility of scheduling so students can complete their degree while employed in the administrative professional field.
- Administrative Assistant
- Desktop Publishing Specialist
- Software Trainer
- Office Manager/Coordinator
- Human Resources or Marketing Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Help Desk Support
- Demonstrate effective workplace communications.
- Apply technology skills to business and administrative tasks.
- Perform routine administrative procedures.
- Manage administrative projects.
- Maintain internal and external relationships
- Model professionalism in the workplace.
- Articulation agreements between Nicolet and most district high schools provide credit for selected high school courses. In addition, Nicolet will accept agreements between other Wisconsin Technical Colleges and their district high schools.
- Advanced standing is also available for skills acquired through work experience. Students are encouraged to use the advanced standing option; contact the Welcome Center for details.
Students who complete the Administrative Professional degree can seamlessly transfer credits to Franklin University, apply their Nicolet administrative assistant degree credits towards a Bachelor of Science degree in technology management, and complete this degree through distance learning.