Emergency Medical Technician-Advanced
Technical Diploma - 4 Credits
About the Program
The Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) program expands the role and skills
of the EMT. A thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology, skills involved in obtaining
intravenous access, medication administration, and fluid therapy will be included.
This instructional program consists of classroom lecture, practical labs, and a requirement
of field experience.
- Current licensure as an EMT in Wisconsin.
- Completion of an EMT or Refresher course within the past 24 months.
- Current BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
- Current endorsement of physician medical director.
- Verbalize adequate knowledge of anatomy and physiology to initiate an appropriate treatment plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully start an IV in a patient.
- Formulate management plans for various medical emergencies.
- Incorporate medication administration with patient management plans.