Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded aid program designed to provide part-time employment for eligible students. Students who demonstrate financial need and complete the work study application, are awarded FWS funds on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are exhausted. If financial aid is awarded too late in the year, students may not receive a FWS award due to lack of funding regardless of whether they had a FWS award in the past. Contact the Financial Aid Office to be placed on the FWS waiting list.
Visit Financial Aid Office
- Fill out the Work Study Application (PDF)
- Submit the completed application to the Financial Aid Office
- The Financial Aid Office approves eligibility and provides list of possible work study positions
Find a Work Study Job
- Review the list of all Work Study Positions (PDF) and check below for positions that are currently available
- Call the designated contact to schedule an interview
- If you would like to work in a department not listed, contact the Financial Aid Office at (715) 365-4423 to be directed to a member of the department to discuss potential work study positions
Complete Paperwork After Being Hired
- Complete Employment Paperwork online – HR will email instructions to access forms/training online (a partial list follows): Applicant Release Form for criminal background check, Direct deposit, I-9, withholding forms
- Receive Work Permit from Financial Aid Office after Employment Paperwork is processed by HR
- Provide Work Permit to your work study supervisor for approval
- Work study supervisor notifies student of start date
- Watch for email from the Business Office with timecard instructions
- Complete online training assigned by HR (FERPA and WTCS History)
- Submit timecards per instructions
- Get paid bi-weekly via direct deposit
Federal Work Study Current Availability
The following Work Study positions are currently available here at Nicolet College for eligible students.Students can check their eligibility by contacting the Financial Aid Office at (715) 365-4423.
Positions that are not shown on the list may be filled or currently unavailable.
Students may review all Work Study Positions at the above link and check with the department contact to see if they would be interested in taking on an additional Work Study position.
Don’t see the department you would like to work with on the list? Contact the Financial Aid Office and we will help see if the department would be interested in hiring a work study student.
|Tutor reading to
reading to tutor; and
provide assistance in
areas of reading,
vocabulary and homework
|Must be patient,
working with children,
and must have personal transportation.
|Assist cleaning and
organizing the lab
space, oversee lab
usage, assist with
special events and
projects, and other
duties as assigned by Supervisor
|Must be responsible, be
and willing attitude,
possess or be willing to
learn basic computer skills.
|Work directly with
staff members occasional end-user
training related to
|Must have general
|Oversee the IT
computer labs and
assist students in the
operation of computer
|Third semester IT
|Assist with building
and grounds projects.
|Must be able to lift
items weighing up to 75
lbs. and must have a
valid driver’s license