MyNicolet  |  Blackboard  |  Directory  |  Email  |  LibraryContact



Check Your Grades Using MyNicolet

MyNicolet website

Nicolet students can check their grades through MyNicolet. Along with checking grades, MyNicolet allows you to view and print unofficial transcripts, change address and other personal information, use online support for help with studies, computer issues, and obtain general information about Nicolet. Students can also enroll in classes from MyNicolet.

You must have a current email address on file with the college to obtain your User ID and Password when you first login to the MyNicolet website. Detailed instructions about accessing the different services can be found by reviewing the online reference link on the MyNicolet menu options.

If you have issues logging in to MyNicolet, contact the Help Desk at 715-365-4478, 1-800-544-3039 ext. 4478; by email at ; or at Online Support.


Grading and Grade Point Averages

Grades are assigned to report student academic achievement. Instructors use sound judgment and fair methods in determining grades. They inform their students at the beginning of the semester about the course requirements and evaluation criteria. Any time students are unsure of their progress, they should talk to their course instructor. Instructors submit grades to the Academic Advising/ Records /Registrar's Office at the end of the semester. The following grades and corresponding grade points are used at Nicolet College:

Grade (Quality Points)

A (4.00)
A- (3.67)
B+ (3.33)
B (3.00)
B- (2.67)
C+ (2.33)
C (2.00)
C- (1.67)
D+ (1.33)
D (1.00)
D- (0.67)
F (0.00)

AS = Advanced Standing
AU = Audit
I = Incomplete
S = Satisfactory
T = Transfer Credit
U = Unsatisfactory
W = Withdrawn

Grades of "S" or "U" are assigned only in Community Education courses and/or in special circumstances requiring the approval of the Vice President of Teaching, Learning, and Student Success.


Grade Point Averages

Grade points and grade point averages (GPA) are used for many purposes:

  • Self-assessment of progress by students
  • Advising and counseling
  • Recognition of excellence in academic work
  • Eligibility for programs sponsored by various external agencies such as colleges and universities to which students transfer
  • Various scholarship and financial aid programs funded by government units

The GPA is computed by multiplying the point value by the number of credits and dividing the total points by the total number of credits, e.g.:

5 Credits of "A" = 5 x 4 = 20
10 Credits of "B-" = 10 x 2.67 = 26.7
5 Credits of "D+" = 5 x 1.33 = 6.65
20 Total Credits = 53.35 Total Points
divided by 20 Credits = 2.67 GPA

The GPA calculation for financial aid recipients is computed on all courses undertaken. "I" and "W" marks received and recorded are considered in the computation of a GPA only when the GPA is utilized to determine a student's financial aid standing. (Refer to the Academic Standards of Progress policy.)

A student's cumulative GPA is calculated using all courses taken at Nicolet College regardless of the year in which the courses were taken. Grades received at other higher education institutions are not used in the cumulative GPA calculation for Nicolet College.



Under extenuating circumstances, students may request an Incomplete grade. To receive an Incomplete, students must have completed 50% of the coursework. It is up to the instructor to decide if the request is feasible based on the reason for the request, the type of class, and whether or not it is possible for the student to complete the course work in an acceptable method and time frame. A signed Incomplete Contract between the student and the instructor must be filed in the Welcome Center by 4:00 pm on the deadline day. The deadline for submitting an Incomplete Contract is one calendar week prior to the end of the course. Exceptions to this deadline will only be made due to extenuating circumstances as approved by the Registrar. An Incomplete grade can be carried for only one semester (summer session does not count as a semester.) If a grade is not issued by the completion of the following semester, a grade of “F” will automatically be recorded on the student’s transcript. Once given, the Incomplete grade cannot be changed to a Withdrawal grade. The instructor will file a change of grade upon completion of work specified in the Incomplete Contract.


Connect With Us

Youtube Flickr Twitter RSS

Top of Page