- To avoid delays, always check the Nicolet Online Catalog to see if we own the material before submitting interlibrary loan requests.
- Interlibrary loan is available to any person with a valid library card from Nicolet College.
- Depending on the type of request, materials may take from 2-3 days up to 8 weeks to arrive, with the majority arriving within one week of the request date.
- You will be notified when the material comes in to the library. All materials requested from Nicolet College must be picked up from the Nicolet College Library in Rhinelander.
- In order for us to continue to provide you with books and media at no charge and photocopies at a very minimal charge, individuals who do not pick up their requests will be charged $5.00 for each request not picked up. Materials not returned by the specified due date will incur a $2.50 per day fine for each item not returned.
WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproductions. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a photocopy order, if in our judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve a violation of copyright law. By submitting this form, you agree to the copyright restrictions and agree to pay any charges incurred by failure to comply with request guidelines.