College Goal Wisconsin
Create your plan to pay for college.
College Goal is a statewide and national event that provides free information and assistance to families who need to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), the federally required form for students seeking financial aid, such as grants and loans. Completing the FAFSA is the first and most important step in qualifying for aid.
Dependent students should attend with a parent or guardian and bring specific materials necessary to complete the FAFSA. If parents are unable to attend, students may attend alone and bring these materials to start their FAFSA. All students should bring their income and asset information. Students in attendance who file a FAFSA are eligible to enter to win a scholarship.
What to Bring
- Social Security Number (card)
- Alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Parents’ and/or students month and year of marriage, divorce or separation
- New for 2017-2018, bring your 2015 Federal Income Tax Return (and your spouse’s, if you are married) and W2s
- IRS, 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- Foreign Tax Return, or
- Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands,
the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau 2014 untaxed
income records Veterans non-education benefit records Child support received
- Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable)
Visit collegegoalwi.org for more dates/locations and information about what you should bring, printable materials, scholarships, and more.