Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
About the Program
Expands the role and skills of the Emergency Medical Technician. Further knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology are the focus in addition to skills of initiating intravenous access, additional medication administration and IV fluid therapies. Graduates are eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician Advanced level cognitive and psychomotor exams for certification to be eligible for licensure in the state of Wisconsin.
Is Emergency Medical Technician For You?
- Relate to others in a helpful and practical way
- Follow procedures and learn regulations/rules
- Apply critical thinking under stress
- Enjoy physical activity and excitement
- Instruct, empathize, counsel and lead
- Ethical with a strong sense of community and leadership
- Current Wisconsin licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers recognition
- Attend required program orientation
- Contact the Public Safety Department at 715.365.4600 for registration information
- Verbalize adequate knowledge of anatomy and physiology to initiate an appropriate treatment plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully start an IV in a patient.
- Formulate management plans for various medical emergencies.
- Incorporate medication administration with patient management plans.
- Ambulance Services
- Fire Departments