MyNicolet  |  Blackboard  |  Directory  |  Email  |  LibraryContact

International Student Admissions Process

International Student Admissions Process

Application for Admission:

If you are unable to access documents here, please contact the Office of Compliance at or 715-365-4615.

Proof of High School/Secondary School Completion:

  •    Submit translated official high school transcripts to Nicolet College Admissions by mail.

Proof of English Proficiency:

  • English ability can be demonstrated on the Accuplacer ESL or a TOEFL score of 477(paper based), 153 (computer based), or 53 (internet based). 

Evidence of Financial support:

  • According to Federal requirements, all prospective F-1 students must submit financial documentation certifying access to funding for their first year of study. The Evidence of Financial Support form must be submitted to Nicolet College Admissions by mail or fax.

Photocopy of Passport:

  • Submit a copy of your biography page and identity page with photograph from your passport.

Placement Exam:

  • Complete a placement exam to help your advisor recommend the best courses for your program of study. Placement exams are dependent on academic program.

Upon completion and receipt of the above, students will be notified of acceptance to Nicolet College and the Designated School Official (DSO) will enter the student into the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) in order to issue an I-20 form for application for an F-1 Student VISA.  All international students not currently in the US or previously entered into SEVIS, are required by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to pay a user fee.  This fee can be paid directly to the DHS with form I-901 by mail with a check from US bank or online with credit card.

Students may be required to remit a fee prior to applying for F-1 VISA at their local US Consulate or Embassy and provide a receipt of payment at a scheduled appointment with their local US Consulate or Embassy, that may include an interview, and documentation of payment and the I-20 form. 

Please see Evidence of Financial Support Form for expenses. Students with an F-1 Visa are not allowed to earn the money for tuition, fees or books in the US for the first year of study.

Once issued an F-1 Visa, students must be enrolled as a full-time student, at least 12 credits to maintain their student status. Students that are interested in transferring in previous post-secondary credits must send a transcript evaluation report from a NACES member. Fees apply. For a full listing of NACES members, visit

Submit all documents to Nicolet College International Admissions

PO Box 518, Rhinelander, WI 54501 Fax: (Country Code 1) 715.365.4901

(Country Code 1) 715.365.4493 or (Country Code 1) 800.544.3039 ext. 4493


  • International Student Admissions Application
  • Evidence of Financial Support
  • VISA Transfer Form