Automotive Repair Lab
Keep your engine running smoothly.
Students provide quality auto repair and maintenance including basic oil changes, tire rotation, and wiper blade and headlight installs to brake, steering, exhaust and suspension work. More complicated work includes automatic transmission rebuilds and major engine repair. The services provided at any given time vary and are aligned with the topics students are studying in class. Clients are only charged for the cost of parts but are encouraged to make donations to the Auto Technology student club.
Automotive Repair Request
Please review the following terms before submitting your request.
- Vehicle work must fit the instructional content of the courses being taught at that time.
- We reserve the right to refuse work on any vehicle.
- Vehicles older than 15 model years may not be accepted.
- After the form is submitted, you will be added to a work list and contacted if the vehicle qualifies to schedule an appointment. No guarantees can be made that your vehicle will be worked on.
- Customers must sign a repair order and a vehicle intake form before any work is done.
- You must be able to leave your vehicle as students can only work on them for 3-4 hours a day. Expect the repair to take longer than a repair shop.
- There is no charge for labor. Customers are charged for parts and materials to repair the vehicle. Parts will be marked up 25% for customer repairs. Donations to the Skills USA Auto Club are accepted.
- Payment is to be made at the Business Office (RC - 217). Vehicles will not be released until the invoice is marked paid by the business office. Business office hours Monday –Thursday 7:45 am – 4:30 pm, Friday 7:45 am – 4:00 pm.
- All parts to be installed must be purchased through the Nicolet Parts Dept. Due to quality issues, you may not bring in your own parts.
- Performance parts and aftermarket accessories will not be installed – we will only work on factory installed original equipment.
- The instructor will schedule a drop off time for your vehicle. Due to limited space, vehicles cannot be stored here for long periods of time.
- The hours for picking vehicles will vary with instructor schedules. Generally pickup up is from 8 am – 12 noon and 1 pm – 4 pm.
- No courtesy transportation will be provided.
If you agree to these terms, click the "I Agree" below to continue to the request form.